Production Assistant Certification
The purpose of the Production Assistant Certification is to develop qualified individuals who can work on Utah film, television and commercial sets.
To achieve the Production Assistant Certification, participants must complete all 5 steps of the program:
- Click here to register with the Utah Film Commission.
- Enroll in the online PA Course and allow 24 hours (Monday through Friday) to be approved by UFC. Complete the lectures and pass the prerequisite online quiz before the on set workshop.
- Complete a Utah Film Commission approved Production Assistant On Set Workshop. This portion costs $100 if completed through Fade to Black Productions* or is included with your completion of UVU’s Digital Media 2110 (Motion Pictures Essentials) . If you are a student at University of Utah or Weber State University individual workshops will be offered based on instructor availability.**
- Pass online final exam.
- Meet with the Utah Film Commission and local production teams at the quarterly PA Meet and Greet.
* Please note Fade to Black Productions on set workshop has limited space, 10 students for each workshop. Make sure you join the wait list and we will update you once we have the next one scheduled.
Utah Film Commission PA Certification Questions: Melissa Jackson, email@example.com
Marcie Gibboney has worked in the film industry as a production supervisor, accountant and assistant director on more than 30 films and TV series, including The Giver, Granite Flats, Damsel and HBO’s Mosaic. She is currently working as the production supervisor for Disney Channel’s Andi Mack, which is now filming its third season in Salt Lake City. Marcie is a member of the Producer's Guild of America (PGA). We have worked closely with Marcie to develop the newly established Utah PA Certification Program, utilizing her background in corporate training, which has been incredibly supportive. She is passionate about building Utah’s crew base and has worked tirelessly with the Utah Film Commission to foster the next generation of talented local crew.